One man was transported to the hospital early this morning after a small fire broke out at the Renaissance-Sherman retirement community. Fire-Rescue Chief Danny Jones said the blaze appeared to be accidental and was started by a male resident living on the third floor of the facility shortly after midnight. Jones said an unidentified item was left on or near the stove and caught fire.
Third floor residents left their rooms and were assisted to the opposite end of the building by staff as precaution. The man whose room caught fire was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation and was reportedly released shortly after he received treatment. The fire damage was small, but water damage was more extensive.

Source: Local News